Customer experience managers, Jeanne Bliss, Customer Hero Netflix
- Do you need a customer experience manager?
- Best-selling author Jeanne Bliss
- How Netflix became a Customer Hero
Are you mapping your customer journeys but struggling with how to derive value from your maps? Touchpoint Dashboard is a powerful web-based journey mapping platform that makes visualizing, collaborating, and sharing maps so easy to do. Touchpoint Dashboard was purpose built to ensure that your journey maps meet your goals and become the catalyst for change that they were meant to be. Sign up for a free 15-day trial to see how Touchpoint Dashboard can help you understand – and transform – your customer experience.
Do you really need a Customer Experience Manager?
Jeannie and Adam discuss the pros and cons of adding a specific role around customer experience. Is it really necessary to make change? Or is it just adding to the bureaucracy? What’s happening in the C-Suite?
Discussion begins at 1:19.
Jeanne discusses the 5 Competencies for a Customer-Driven Growth Engine which she outlines and explains in her new book.
Jeannie asks Jeanne about what it really means to honor a customer. This is a great discussion about what really makes an honorable experience for customers and companies alike.
Jeanne’s been a Chief Customer Officer for organizations like Land’s End and Allstate, so hearing her perspective is a unique opportunity to understand how this role continues to evolve.
Discussion begins at 5:09.
Customer Hero, Customer Zero: Netflix moved from Zero to Hero
A soldier’s complaint to Netflix about charges while he was overseas led to a really awful response from a customer service representative. It was a terrible viral story about how this serviceman was treated so poorly.
Netflix turned this incredibly disappointing situation around by reaching out directly to the customer, dismissing the customer service rep and offering long-term solutions.
Jeannie & Adam discuss how swift action can help organizations recover.
Discussion begins at 16:52.
People, Places, and Things of the Podcast:
Guest Speaker / People
- Jeanne Bliss pioneered the role of the customer experience executive, or Chief Customer Officer, as she held the first ever CCO role at Lands’ End, Microsoft, Coldwell Banker and Allstate Corporations, reporting to each company’s CEO. She now leads CustomerBliss, where she guides the C-Suite and Chief Customer Officers around the world on earning business growth by improving customers’ lives. She is a sought after speaker, the author of two best-selling books, and co-founder of the Customer Experience Professionals Association. Customer Bliss | Twitter | LinkedIn | Chief Customer Officer 2.0
- Chief Concerns – This is an article in Stores Magazine about the proliferation of C-level titles. Jeannie is quoted.
- Netflix customer service story
- Starbucks manager viral video
- CTCC Holocracy Episode
- Metrics are Great, but Always Late! This is the blog post mentioned in the interview
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.