- How PR & Marketing set up the customer experience
- What Shonali Burke, PR maven, has to say about the intersection of PR and experience
- Customer Hero: AMC creates a rich and interactive experience for The Walking Dead viewers and fans
The messages created about products, services and brands set expectations for customers. This can go both ways in helping brands over-deliver or under-deliver on the experience.
Adam & Jeannie discuss the high-brow movies of Die Hard and Snakes On A Plane as illustrations of setting expectations.
Discussion begins at 1:58.
Shonali Burke, President & CEO of Shonali Burke Consulting
Shonali discusses what to do when a terrible customer service story results in horrible PR. She covers why we’re all reporters now, how fast everything moves and why saying sorry is vital to recovery.
Find out about Shonali’s approach to social PR to build a team of champions who are engaged and motivated to share your brand through word-of-mouth. And what do you think about modern day publicity stunts? Shonali has some great opinions about how these can be done well (or not.)
It doesn’t hurt that Shonali has a lovely accent!
Discussion begins at 5:39.
Customer Hero, Customer Zero: AMC’s multi-screen approach to their show The Walking Dead is a Customer Hero!
AMC is producing an interactive experience with every episode. With their Story app, a show after the show to discuss the show, and including fans throughout the journey! Using lots of interactivity, AMC is creating a very rich experience for viewers AND this serves their goals, too.
Discussion begins at 20:24.
People, Places, and Things of the Podcast
Sponsor: Be Your Customer’s Hero– Adam’s new book walks through customer service beginning to end, including how to deal with difficult customers. Order today!
How to Sponsor
- Shonali Burke was named to PRWeek’s inaugural top “40 Under 40′′ list of US-based PR professionals, considered one of 25 women that rock social media, and is the 2015 recipient of AWC-DC’s Matrix Award. As President & CEO, Shonali Burke Consulting, Inc., she uses measurable social PR to take your business communications from corporate codswallop to community coolTM. Shonali teaches at The Johns Hopkins and Rutgers universities, publishes the popular PR and digital media blog, Waxing UnLyrical, and is founder and curator of the #measurePR hashtag and Twitter chat. A foodie who loves shoes, she defies you to dislike Elvis, ABBA or cricket. Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Waxing Unlyrical Blog
- Lawyerist This blog covers many legal topics, including legal issues around social media
- Customer complaint data Jeannie referred to
- Why Public Relations Should Remember Customer Expectations – Adam’s guest post on Shonali’s blog
- TD Bank Gift ATM
- WestJet buys passengers presents
- The Walking Dead Story app
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.