In this episode you will hear:
- How social selling doesn’t work for Generation Z
- How Tom Martin, author of The Invisible Sale, encourages seducing instead of selling on social
- How a dating app based on snap judgments is a Customer Zero, but not for the reasons you might think
Jeannie schools Adam on Generation Z, which doesn’t stand for zombies! This group rejects advertising and traditional marketing like no other generation. Smart brands are connecting in creative ways.
Listen in on how brands like Disney and Marriott are tapping into this market by empowering their peers with very few rules!
Discussion begins at 1:13.
Tom Martin, Author of The Invisible Sale
Tom addresses social selling and how most brands aren’t getting it right! With illustrations like Dilbert cartoons and Whack-A-Mole, Tom discusses seducing instead of selling. If you want to know about social selling, Tom’s got the answers.
(And hear why Jeannie starts the conversation with a very sincere thank you for Tom’s book!)
Find out why you need to pack your patience for both long car trips and social selling.
Discussion begins at 6:51.
Customer Hero, Customer Zero
Tinder the dating app is a Customer Zero, but not for the reasons you might assume! They rolled out a premium model called Tinder Plus with more features, but their pricing strategy is driving Jeannie to call them out! They are charging for the same features but charging more for people 30 or older.
Listen in to hear Adam ask if this is discretionary or discriminatory.
Discussion begins at 19:58.
People, Places, and Things from the Podcast
CX Webinar Join Jeannie & 360Connext in these free, monthly webinars about all sorts of customer experience topics like social customer care, customer experience missions, and more. Sign up at www.cxwebinar.com or www.360Connext.com
How to Sponsor
Guests and Links
- Tom Martin is a no nonsense, straight-talking 20-year vet of the ad business who favors stiff drinks and good debates. Tom Martin is a founder of Converse Digital, and author of The Invisible Sale | Twitter |LinkedIn
- Tinder is the dating app based on swiping right or left based on snap judgments.
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.