In this episode…
- When Bad Customer Service Can Still Yield Good Business Results
- An Interview With Matt Ward of Art of the Kickstart
- An NFL Team Makes an Impact with One Customer
Adam and Jeannie discuss how certain industries without as much competition don’t have to deliver great customer service but may need to change that in the near future.
Discussion begins at 1:37.
Matt Ward, Host of Art of the Kickstart Podcast and Blog
Matt works as a consultant, helping entrepreneurs and startups grow.
Matt discusses with Adam and Jeannie how successful crowdfunding campaigns involve customers early and often and how bigger companies can learn from them. Listen in to hear how crowdfunding helped open a butcher shop in Jeannie’s hometown. (And Matt offers some great discounts to Crack The Customer Code listeners!)
Interview begins at 3:52.
Customer Hero, Customer Zero: What Is the Goal? Maximizing Shareholder Value
Adam and Jeannie discuss the pervasive theory of maximizing shareholder value and how there’s a backlash when it doesn’t serve customers.
Listen to how Adam and Jeannie break this theory down into why short-term returns might not be worth long-term loyalty. And how bad profits don’t add up.
Discussion begins at 13:02.
People, Places, and Things of the Podcast:
- RyanAir invests in customer experience: Guardian article
- Matt Ward is Host of Art of the Kickstart, a podcast and blog geared towards crowdfunding success, Matt Ward works as a Kickstarter and business consultant helping entrepreneurs and startups grow. He also just released his $16 MILLION Crowdfund Academy course, a step-by-step proven Kickstarter framework on Udemy and is offering $250 OFF to any listener looking to launch a successfully crowdfunded company. Go here for Matt’s special offer or connect with Matt on Twitter| Facebook | Google+
- You can also grab Matt’s 15 Page Guide to Acquiring and Retaining Customers
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.