LEARN MORE ABOUT HUMAN-CENTERED AI FROM OUR SPONSOR
This episode is brought to you by Forethought. With customer expectations higher than ever, that clunky chatbot isn’t cutting it anymore. Forethought goes beyond traditional chatbots by infusing Human-Centered AI that understands your customers’ sentiment and intent. Now you can empower customers to self-serve, automatically route tickets to the right agent, and enable agents to resolve cases faster—all on one AI-powered platform. It’s time to think outside the bot. Learn more about Human-Centered AI and how you can get a $100 gift card by visiting Forethought.ai/ctcc
Customer service isn’t easy. This isn’t breaking news to CX people, and it might not be breaking news to many of our listeners, but it should be discussed. Agents don’t have it easy, especially when encountering problematic customers. Is there a point when they should stop dealing with a specific customer? Should the entire customer support do the same with all customers when it gets too bad?
“I have a bit of a newsflash for you and some of our listeners – customer service isn’t easy!”
There certainly are instances where things get so bad that the only solution seems to be shutting down specific lines of communication. What’s more, in some cases, customers tend to complain of something that’s not even in the job description of the agents. So, what’s the solution? Naturally, it’s not as simple as some think, so tune in to hear what Jeannie and Adam have to say.
“At what point does that line cross from It’s your job to This is nobody’s job?”
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The time when an airport shut down their phone line because customer service got too hard
- When it gets bad, should customer service shut down for the moment?
- What to do when the customers complain about something that’s not in the job description
- When to shut down specific customer support channels
Listen To This Episode
- Experience Investigators® post, 5 Keys for Multi-Channel Customer Support
- Customers That Stick® post, What Email Support Tone Do Customers Prefer?
- Episode 436: Supporting Your Retail Employees in an Angry World
- Episode 305: Supporting Your Team in the Retail Apocalypse
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts!
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.
Leave A Comment