We don’t really think that customer experience and the government ever go together, but that doesn’t negate the fact that we, the people of the United States, deserve better experience when dealing with the government.
“We have to prove democracy still works, that our government still works and can deliver for our people.”
The government sees areas of improvement, which is likely why President Biden made his executive order dealing with CX in government institutions. The order is interesting, and it deals with a lot of commitments the government is making and changes it’s likely to implement, so Jeannie and Adam are here to discuss some of them. Tune in to learn how your dealings with the administration or the IRS might get better in the near future.
“In general, government customer service has not been known for being excellent.“
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Biden’s executive order on the customer experience
- Details on some of the 36 CX improvement commitments from the order
- What changes the government needs to implement to improve CX
- Examples of good and bad policies
Listen To This Episode
Give your team the customer service training they deserve
Want to bring game-changing customer service training to your team? CTS Service Solutions offers a half-day in-person workshop designed to motivate and educate your customer-facing team members. Using energy, excitement, and interaction, our workshop helps frontline teams embrace a customer-centric outlook. Then — using the principles from our book Be Your Customer’s Hero — gives them the skills and confidence they need to handle any service interaction. Don’t leave your frontline team hanging… Give them the training they deserve. Learn more at customerheroworkshop.com, that is customerheroworkshop.com.
- Article mentioned in this episode: Executive order on transforming Federal CX
- Experience Investigators® post, How to Build Customer Trust: 4 CX Leaders Share
- Customers That Stick® post, Can Customer Service Help Save Government? A Post-Election View
- Episode 475: Brad Cleveland, Leading the Customer Experience
- Episode 355: Lisa Ford, Customer Service Excellence
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts!
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.