A term we use a lot in business and customer experience is ‘confidence’, but where does that confidence come from? It comes from trust. It’s easy to forget how fundamental trust is to any relationship, including economic relationships. When we talk about the whole customer experience journey, we need trust to move forward with all elements of the customer experience. This is such an interesting topic to unpack.
“A lack of trust is the biggest expense you have.“– David Horsager
Our guest on this episode is David Horsager, the CEO of Trust Edge Leadership Institute, Trust Expert in Residence at High Point University, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of The Trust Edge. David has advised leaders and delivered life-changing presentations on six continents, with audiences ranging everywhere from FedEx, Toyota, MIT and global governments to the New York Yankees and the Department of Homeland Security. His new book is The Trusted Leader.
“A reputation and a brand is built on consistency.”– David Horsager
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why trust is so crucial to brands
- Why trust is always the root cause & leading indicator
- How David continually rebuilds trust and what the fastest way is to rebuild trust
- The eight pillars of trust
Connect with David
Listen To This Episode
- Experience Investigators® post, How to Build Customer Trust: 4 CX Leaders Share
- Customers That Stick® post, Why Self-Confidence Matters in Customer Service
- Episode 303: How to Build Brand Trust in 2018
- Episode 431: Alain Hunkins, Cracking the Leadership Code
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts!
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.