Why do customers leave us? It’s a vital question everyone in customer service and customer experience should know how to answer, and yet so many of us are at a loss here. Thankfully, our guest, Shep Hyken, has to offer some profound lessons that should help. He is a customer service and experience speaker and a leading international authority on customer service, customer experience, and loyalty in business.
Shep is the author of eight best-selling books that have made the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and more. In addition, Shep has worked with thousands of companies and organizations that want to build loyal relationships with their customers and employees. What’s more, he has also been inducted into the National Speakers Association Hall of Fame for lifetime achievement in the speaking profession.
“We have to understand the sentiment of our customers.”– Shep Hyken
Shep will talk about a couple of essential things he discusses in his book in greater detail. You’ll get vital knowledge on why customers terminate their business with you and what you can do to increase your retention rates. And those rates are the ones every business needs to grow. So, tune in to learn it all; you never know how much this knowledge can improve your business!
“If we are wrong, we need to admit we’re wrong. Because saying you’re sorry is very important.”– Shep Hyken
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The most significant measurement from Shep’s book business leaders need to monitor
- What Nike is doing to keep the customers connected to them
- Shep’s arguments for why nothing has changed in customer service
- The biggest reasons why customers terminate their relationship with you
- Shep’s process for working as a team to get the customer back
Connect with Shep
- Shep’s latest book – I’ll Be Back: How to Get Customers to Come Back Again and Again
- Shep’s website
Listen To This Episode
- Experience Investigators® post, 5 White Glove Tests to Maximize your Customer Retention
- Customers That Stick® post, How to Calculate Customer Retention Rate
- Episode 395: Guy Marion, Subscription Economy Retention
- Episode 373: Barry Kirk, A Framework for Customer Loyalty
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts!
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.