Adam and Jeannie have talked about customer experience for a long time, but now they have something very new to cover – customer experience as it applies to journalism. They’ll discuss that with Alison Lichtenstein, a long-term employee of Dow Jones, who currently leads the global Customer Experience Design team. Her team works on end-to-end customer experience for both consumer and B2B products like The Wall Street Journal and Factiva.
Before this role, she worked on acquiring and retaining customers at Dow Jones and advertising agencies Razorfish and Starcom. She graduated from S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University. All in all, Alison is a customer-obsessed executive who focuses on creating seamless customer journeys and customer advocacy.
“Something moves in the paper, and our agents don’t know; it 100% bleeds out to the customer.”– Alison Lichtenstein
Alison has a lot of exciting advice to give to all types of leaders looking to improve their companies’ customer experience. She particularly has a bit of advice for leaders of companies that haven’t had customers in the past but suddenly need to change to a more customer-centric model. All in all, a lot of interesting information awaits you in this episode, so make sure you tune in.
“We always see ourselves as cheerleaders for the customers as much as possible.”– Alison Lichtenstein
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What Alison does at Dow Jones and how she improves customer experience
- How Alison chooses trusted news sources and which ones have helped her
- How is employee experience related to customer experience in media
- What are the constraints of delivering an outstanding experience
- How Alison gets big brands to become customer-centric
Connect with Alison
Listen To This Episode
- Experience Investigators® post, 3 Ways the Best Brands Do Omnichannel Right
- Customers That Stick® post, How Employee Empowerment Really Works
- Episode 456: Ovetta Sampson, Empowerment Through Design
- Episode 336: Joshua March, Social Media Messaging
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts!
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.
Leave A Comment