Unfortunately, terrible customer communication is common, so Jeannie and Adam thought about discussing the main things companies tend to say to their customers, yet they shouldn’t. These things can negatively affect customer experience, so it’s crucial to learn what your team can and can’t do. Plus, it’s fun to hear that some companies are quite terrible at this!
“To be completely honest, we don’t have an answer for you!”
The specific words and phrases you use can be received quite poorly. That’s why companies should prepare training for their employees, and leaders should learn in advance what works and what doesn’t.
“It’s OK to blame external factors a lot more than internal factors.”
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Jeannie’s terrible customer communication experience
- The importance of training for customer service employees
- What you CAN say to customers
- What you CAN’T say to customers
Listen To This Episode
Give your team the customer service training they deserve
Want to bring game-changing customer service training to your team? CTS Service Solutions offers a half-day in-person workshop designed to motivate and educate your customer-facing team members. Using energy, excitement, and interaction, our workshop helps frontline teams embrace a customer-centric outlook. Then — using the principles from our book Be Your Customer’s Hero — gives them the skills and confidence they need to handle any service interaction. Don’t leave your frontline team hanging… Give them the training they deserve. Learn more at customerheroworkshop.com, that is customerheroworkshop.com.
- Experience Investigators® post, 5 Ways One-on-One Customer Communication Builds Loyalty
- Customers That Stick® post, The Power of Proactive Customer Communication
- Episode 292: Mark Podolsky, Happy Customers Guaranteed
- Episode 390: 3 Ways to Be More Customer Centric
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts!
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.