How do you measure for insights and not only for metrics? What’s more, why is this a question when it stands to reason that insights from metrics should be more important than the metrics themselves?
“Measurements and the way we measure things have become really important for business leaders.”
Unfortunately, measurements have somehow become the de facto way of measuring customer experience success. However, the problem with this system is that it doesn’t include insights. We don’t offer enough context for these metrics, which makes them even less useful for the continued improvement of our customers’ services.
The current state of the world has made CX more crucial for the companies that continue to do business, but also for those that are facing slowdowns and issues.
“If we don’t talk about metrics in context, we are setting them up for failure.”
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How did we get to focus more on metrics and less on what they mean and what we get from them?
- Why metrics require context if they are to be useful
- Why this is the time for CX leaders to shine
- How the current state affects industries differently
Listen To This Episode
Want to learn customer experience from a certified pro? Then check out Jeannie’s LinkedIn Learning course!
- Experience Investigators® post, How to Improve Customer Service Training with Simple Metrics
- Customers That Stick® post, How to Calculate Customer Retention Rate
- Episode 279: Is Efficient Customer Service Best?
- Episode 097: The Best Customer Loyalty Metrics
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts!
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.
Leave A Comment