About Stephen Shapiro
Stephen Shapiro’s new book is out called Invisible Solutions, and it’s all about how we can approach problems and problem solving, something that’s not often thought about. However, Stephen has thought about it a lot, and this is evident in the fact that there are as many as 25 lenses in his book. What’s more, each of them can completely alter the way you approach problems in business.
Stephen has presented his provocative strategies on innovation to audiences in 50 countries for more than 20 years. During his 15-year tenure with the consulting firm Accenture, he led a 20,000-person innovation practice. He is the author of six books, and his Personality Poker system has been used worldwide to create high-performing teams. He was inducted into the Speaker Hall of Fame and was a regular judge and mentor on the TLC innovation reality television show, “Girl Starter.”
“We don’t need to focus on solutions or answers, as we are usually answering the wrong questions.”– Stephen Shapiro
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How we can change the eventual solutions by changing the way we look at customer experience problems
- How leaders can overcome other limitations to finally approach different perspectives
- Can Stephen’s innovative ideas be applied to problems in the customer journey?
- How can people approach an issue together despite their differences in personalities?
- Ways for businesses to differentiate themselves
Stephen touches upon why so many of us approach problems in the same way, and how you as a leader in customer experience can do it differently. It’s not your job to get the answers, but to ask the questions that allow your team to reach the right solutions.
“We always say to think outside the box, but the reality is that we don’t need to do it; what we need to do is find a better box!”– Stephen Shapiro
Connect with Stephen
Listen To This Episode
Give your team the customer service training they deserve
Want to bring game-changing customer service training to your team? CTS Service Solutions offers a half-day in-person workshop designed to motivate and educate your customer-facing team members. Using energy, excitement, and interaction, our workshop helps frontline teams embrace a customer-centric outlook. Then — using the principles from our book Be Your Customer’s Hero — gives them the skills and confidence they need to handle any service interaction. Don’t leave your frontline team hanging… Give them the training they deserve. Learn more at customerheroworkshop.com, that is customerheroworkshop.com.
- Experience Investigators® post, 3 Ways to Let Customers Guide Your Greatest Innovation
- Customers That Stick® post, Starting a Culture of Customer-Focused Innovation
- Episode 072: Matt Phillips, Innovation Expert
- Episode 394: Do You Need A CX Think Week?
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts!
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.