About Shep Hyken
Shep Hyken joins Adam and Jeannie in this episode to talk about the updated version of his book and to make cults cool again! Just kidding, his book is called The Cult of the Customer, and you’ll learn what makes it a beneficial read for anyone in the CX-sphere.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert and the Chief Amazement Officer of Shepard Presentations. He’s a bestselling author and has been inducted into the National Speakers Association Hall of Fame for lifetime achievement in speaking. He works with organizations that want to build loyal relationships with their customers and employees. Many know him for his high-energy presentations that combine important information with entertainment like humor and magic. Now he is here to bring his magic to the podcast!
“A cult is nothing more than a group of people who have common interests that are in alignment.”– Shep Hyken
Shep has a lot of good advice he wants to share on this episode, both of his own and some from his newly edited book. Hear more about his amazement theory that can help both your relationship with your customers and your employees. If not that, then you have to hear Adam play the guitar!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why the word ‘cult’ usually has a negative connotation but not in Shep’s case
- The differences between the previous and new edition of Shep’s famous book
- The five phases of customers and employees
- What’s ‘the moment of misery grid’ – one of the worksheets in the book
- How the employee journey is similar to the customer journey
“Even though some things can’t be controlled, you can at least mitigate or even eliminate parts of them with enough thought.”– Shep Hyken
Connect with Shep
Listen To This Episode
Want to learn customer experience from a certified pro? Then check out Jeannie’s LinkedIn Learning course!
- Experience Investigators® post, 3 Rules for Investing in Good Relationships with Customers
- Customers That Stick® post, A Customer-Centric Culture Needs a Customer-Centric Leader
- Episode 371: Louis Carter, Emotional Connectedness
- Episode 357: Thomas Hollmann, Customer Experience Education
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts!
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.