Is technology forcing customer service teams to do sales? It’s an interesting question and one that’s becoming increasingly apparent to many companies. If we answer the question positively, that will make team members salespeople as well as customer service workers. Technology is already changing their role anyway, so should we actually change it for good?
“Should customer service teams be required to engage in proactive sales?”
A department has a specific set of skills relative to their role, so that means that they would have to learn new skills. If they don’t, you could end up creating new salespeople who might be terrible at selling!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Should customer service people become salespeople?
- How can customer service people become salespeople?
- How technology is already changing the role of customer service
- What we think about the whole proactive sales role for customer service teams
Listen To This Episode
Give your team the customer service training they deserve
Want to bring game-changing customer service training to your team? CTS Service Solutions offers a half-day in-person workshop designed to motivate and educate your customer-facing team members. Using energy, excitement, and interaction, our workshop helps frontline teams embrace a customer-centric outlook. Then — using the principles from our book Be Your Customer’s Hero — gives them the skills and confidence they need to handle any service interaction. Don’t leave your frontline team hanging… Give them the training they deserve. Learn more at customerheroworkshop.com, that is customerheroworkshop.com.
- Experience Investigators® post, Does Your Sales Team Have Bad CX Habits?
- Customers That Stick® post, 5 Sales Techniques that Work in Customer Service
- Episode 367: Lee Smith, Putting Fuel Behind Your Sales
- Episode 389: Tiffani Bova, Growth IQ
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts!
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.