About Micah Solomon
Does the secret lie in hiring the right people who are right by nature, or is it all about training when it comes to customer service? It’s an age-old question, one we shouldn’t even be asking because it’s neither! Yet the question comes up all the time. It’s just one of the things we talk about in this interview with Micah Solomon.
Micah is one of the world’s leading authorities on customer service, customer experience, consumer trends, hospitality, and company culture. He’s a consultant, keynote speaker, trainer, and author. Solomon is a senior contributor to Forbes.com, and his expertise has been featured in The New York Times, Harvard Business Review, Inc., Bloomberg Businessweek, ABC, CBS, and NBC.
“The funny thing is that objectively, customer service is better than it has been in the past.”– Micah Solomon
Micah claims this, and we have to agree. However, the demands are rising, and companies have to keep on evolving. They want to strive to be the ‘Amazon’s’ of their industry and offer stellar customer experience.
Micah has a lot of intriguing advice and many ideas on how you can improve customer experience.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why is customer service such a pain point for both companies and customers?
- What the Cliff of Dissatisfaction is and how to avoid it
- Why is the customer-first approach so crucial to a company’s success?
- The mistakes companies make when trying to deliver on customer experience
- The WETCO system for hiring customer-focused employees
“A customer-centric company should not exist without also being employee- and vendor-focused.”– Micah Solomon
Connect with Micah
Listen To This Episode
Want to learn customer experience from a certified pro? Then check out Jeannie’s LinkedIn Learning course!
- Experience Investigators® post, Common Customer Experience Training Obstacles — And Their Solutions
- Customers That Stick® post, Who’s On Your CARE Committee?
- Episode 379: Allen Adamson, Shift Ahead
- Episode 361: Ryan Minton, Thanks For Coming In Today
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts!
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.