About Joe Pine
Joe Pine, whose amazing book titled The Experience Economy, is what got Jeannie started on her customer experience journey!
B. Joseph Pine II is an internationally acclaimed author, speaker, and management advisor. He specializes in helping people see the world of business differently through his many ground-breaking books. He’s most well-known for his best-selling book The Experience Economy, which was recently named one of the 100 best business books of all time by 800CEOread. And now in 2020, The Experience Economy has been re-released in hardcover.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What has changed in the 20 years since Joe wrote The Experience Economy
- The main focus of the re-release of Joe’s book
- How Joe’s new model applies to old-school businesses and small businesses
- What organizations need to do to secure the customer’s affection (the five economic offerings according to Joe’s book)
- How do Joe’s concepts apply to businesses that deal with customers who don’t necessarily engage with their brand
“Money should never be the purpose of an organization; it is the measure of how well you fulfill your purpose.”– Joe Pine
Joe used to talk about the experience economy before the start of the 21st century, and now that economy is already here! But a lot has changed in that time, which is why he is here to talk about the re-release of his book. Among the many things he’ll talk about is the money value of time, a concept you will find more than useful. He’ll also discuss his idea of the five economic offerings that help you create engaging experiences that stick with customers – the ones they never forget.
“If you are looking for just convenience and speed, then guess what, you’ve been commoditized.”– Joe Pine
Connect with Joe
- Joe Pine’s best-selling book – The Experience Economy
- Strategic Horizons website
- Frontline video training offering on Onstagetraining.com
Listen To This Episode
Give your team the customer service training they deserve
Want to bring game-changing customer service training to your team? CTS Service Solutions offers a half-day in-person workshop designed to motivate and educate your customer-facing team members. Using energy, excitement, and interaction, our workshop helps frontline teams embrace a customer-centric outlook. Then — using the principles from our book Be Your Customer’s Hero — gives them the skills and confidence they need to handle any service interaction. Don’t leave your frontline team hanging… Give them the training they deserve. Learn more at customerheroworkshop.com, that is customerheroworkshop.com.
- Experience Investigators® post, Do Your KPI’s Mention Customers?
- Customers That Stick® post, Is Your Baseline Customer Experience Best In Class?
- Episode 395: Guy Marion, Subscription Economy Retention
- Episode 215: (Tip) Losing Control of the Customer Experience
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts!
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.