About Alexandra Watkins
Alexandra Watkins is the author of ‘Hello, My Name is Awesome’ and Chief Executive Boss Lady of ‘Eat My Words’, a branding firm specializing in names that make people smile instead of scratch their heads.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How we name things and why it’s so important to customer service and experience
- What is a “sticky” name?
- Some of the ways that we can come up with names – does it make you S.M.I.L.E?
- The five qualities that make a name great
- Could an already successful company without a great name be even more successful if the name were better?
“The name is the first thing that customers come in contact with. It needs to be like a welcome mat, something that makes them feel welcome, not turned off or confused.”– Alexandra Watkins
If you’ve been through a branding exercise, where you’re trying to come up with a name for a product or service (and you’re still sane!) you really need to listen to this episode because when we talk about customer experience, we don’t often talk about the name and the importance of how that might relate.
“People should be able to spell, pronounce and understand your name. They want to feel clued in, not clueless. Don’t get locked in to a name being clever.”– Alexandra Watkins
Connect with Alexandra
Listen To This Episode
Give your team the customer service training they deserve
Want to bring game-changing customer service training to your team? CTS Service Solutions offers a half-day in-person workshop designed to motivate and educate your customer-facing team members. Using energy, excitement, and interaction, our workshop helps frontline teams embrace a customer-centric outlook. Then — using the principles from our book Be Your Customer’s Hero — gives them the skills and confidence they need to handle any service interaction. Don’t leave your frontline team hanging… Give them the training they deserve. Learn more at customerheroworkshop.com, that is customerheroworkshop.com.
- Experience Investigators® post, Do Customers See Themselves in Your Brand Identity?
- Customers That Stick® post, The Fusion of Brand and Culture with Denise Lee Yohn
- Episode 074: Denise Lee Yohn, Brand-Building Expert
- Episode 114: Ron Tite, Branding and Creativity Expert
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts!
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.