About Guy Marion
Guy Marion has a unique position to give us an inside scope of the retention and subscription industry. He talks a lot about how it works and what leaders can do to improve their retention. Companies are much better off today by having a net retention that shows their customers will pay more in a year from now than disappear a year from now.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- About the whole subscription industry and how customer retention plays a role
- The things Guy has learned about why customers opt out of subscriptions and what leaders need to know about these reasons
- The common trends between the physical and digital subscriptions
- Is there a rule of thumb for balancing the need to keep customers and treating them right when they decide to cancel?
- One main piece of advice Guy has for people starting subscription companies
“The variety of what’s out there is simply amazing. All the boxes and then the whole digital subscription economy.”– Guy Marion
You’ll learn this, and many other golden nuggets of wisdom when you tune in to this deep and detailed episode of Crack the Customer Code. If you’re interested in starting a subscription company or you want to know more about the industry, you’ll find what Guy has to say more than simply interesting.
“The number one reason why people leave is that they never felt welcome to begin with.”– Guy Marion
Connect with Guy
Listen To This Episode
Give your team the customer service training they deserve
Want to bring game-changing customer service training to your team? CTS Service Solutions offers a half-day in-person workshop designed to motivate and educate your customer-facing team members. Using energy, excitement, and interaction, our workshop helps frontline teams embrace a customer-centric outlook. Then — using the principles from our book Be Your Customer’s Hero — gives them the skills and confidence they need to handle any service interaction. Don’t leave your frontline team hanging… Give them the training they deserve. Learn more at customerheroworkshop.com, that is customerheroworkshop.com.
- Experience Investigators® post, 5 White Glove Tests to Maximize your Customer Retention
- Customers That Stick® post, How to Retain Customers: 8 Reasons Retention Is More Profitable
- Episode 315: Joey Coleman, Never Lose a Customer
- Episode 373: Barry Kirk, A Framework for Customer Loyalty
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts!
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.