Thinking about thinking matters! It’s not a weird concept, and it’s not a tautology, it’s a valid concept which we seem to have forgotten entirely. The world of today is so hectic and distracting that it’s no wonder most of us rarely just sit down to think. You can sit to think about what you’ve done and eventually gain a new look on it, a unique perspective that can help you do it better the next time around.
“If you’re always working on what you’re working on – you lose sight of the rest of the world.”
We all suffer from that lack of time, energy, and focus because we are constantly moving from one thing to the next. We don’t allow ourselves to step back, relax, and have a deeper thought. But it’s vital to do this, it’s crucial to do this sort of deep work where you’re not actually working, but the thinking you’re doing could result in you working better in the days to come.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The importance of thinking
- Why it matters to take time off and think about what you’ve done
- How other people take time off to do some deep work
- The art of doing nothing on purpose – a Dutch concept called Niksen
- Advice to help you truly be in another place while you’re taking time off
Listen To This Episode
Give your team the customer service training they deserve
Want to bring game-changing customer service training to your team? CTS Service Solutions offers a half-day in-person workshop designed to motivate and educate your customer-facing team members. Using energy, excitement, and interaction, our workshop helps frontline teams embrace a customer-centric outlook. Then — using the principles from our book Be Your Customer’s Hero — gives them the skills and confidence they need to handle any service interaction. Don’t leave your frontline team hanging… Give them the training they deserve. Learn more at customerheroworkshop.com, that is customerheroworkshop.com.
- The CX Pod – What’s on Your Summer CX Reading List?
- Cal Newport – Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World
- Experience Investigators® post, Why Outside-In Thinking Is So Difficult
- Customers That Stick® post, Starting a Culture of Customer-Focused Innovation
- Episode 323: Neen James, Attention Pays
- Episode 091: How to Find Time for Training
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts!
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.