The freelancer or contractor economy has risen with great might and has started to influence the overall customer experience in different ways. From the way it limits the delivery of excellent customer experience, to how it creates new and vital opportunities. In essence, there are both good and bad sides to this change. However, one thing remains the same: The customers don’t care about who’s doing the actual work for you – they only care about the outcome for them. And they are right to think like that!
“The fundamental principle here – some contractors represent your brand just like employees do.”
Tweet this quote!
There are many limitations with what you can ask from your contractors. But you have to find ways to remedy this, or the experience your customers have with your brand will suffer. We are here to talk about ways to deal with these problems and limitations.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How the gig economy affects the customer experience
- The damage contractors can cause to the customer experience
- The importance of communication with the contractors
- What you can do to solve the problem contractors can create
Listen To This Episode
Want to learn customer experience from a certified pro? Then check out Jeannie’s LinkedIn Learning course!
- Experience Investigators® post, How Do Smart Leaders Create the Best Experiences?
- Customers That Stick® post, Customer Service Stories: Stop Subcontractors From Killing Your Customers
- Episode 215: (Tip) Losing Control of the Customer Experience
- Episode 245: Vicky Smitley, Business Plans and CX
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts!
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.