About Max Israel
Max Israel is founder and CEO of Customerville, the design-driven customer feedback platform. Customerville blends technology with art and behavioral science to make customer experience surveys richly engaging, for customers and employees who receive the feedback.
Surveys – we all get them. Companies send about a quarter of a trillion of them yearly, which is too much, as we can all agree. With such overwhelming numbers and the fact that most of them are generic, there is this survey fatigue going on. Customers rarely respond to surveys, and if they do, it’s usually because they are either delighted with the service or because they are extremely unhappy with it.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why is there such a massive number of surveys in general? Does the answer lie in the fact that companies send a lot of surveys but rarely use the feedback they receive?
- How much do timing and channel impact survey responses, and are there some basic rules behind them?
- Customerville’s specific techniques they use to make sure they ask the right questions.
- How companies need to appreciate their employees more and how they play a vital role in improving customer experience and survey responses.
“We are talking about appearing authentic and engaged as people. The same rules apply to surveys.”– Max Israel
Tweet this quote!
A big problem with surveys today lies in the fact that people don’t feel like brands are listening to them. Engagement with surveys is very low, and something needs to be done to change that.
“This is not about putting some stuff in the file, it’s about creating a vivid story for the employee every day.”– Max Israel
Tweet this quote!
Connect with Max
Listen To This Episode
Give your team the customer service training they deserve
Want to bring game-changing customer service training to your team? CTS Service Solutions offers a half-day in-person workshop designed to motivate and educate your customer-facing team members. Using energy, excitement, and interaction, our workshop helps frontline teams embrace a customer-centric outlook. Then — using the principles from our book Be Your Customer’s Hero — gives them the skills and confidence they need to handle any service interaction. Don’t leave your frontline team hanging… Give them the training they deserve. Learn more at customerheroworkshop.com, that is customerheroworkshop.com.
- Experience Investigators® post, 5 Customer Feedback Hacks: Going Beyond the Surveys
- Customers That Stick® post, The Power of Proactive Customer Communication
- Episode 239: Customer Survey Mistakes
- Episode 247: (Tip) 3 Powerful Questions
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts!
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.