About Bill Guertin
The sports fan experience is so much more than it used to be. Now it involves the game, the food, comfort at the stadium, and a lot more. It has changed significantly, and it’s no longer only about seeing your favorite team win.
On this episode we talk with Bill Guertin, a man known in the sports industry as the ‘800-pound gorilla of sales performance’. He has experience with more than 100 pro teams across North America and Mexico and has written two successful books about sales, service, and marketing. Bill is here to talk to us about the importance of fan experience and how it’s more similar to overall customer experience than you might think.
“It’s a representative template that can be applied to so many experiences and products.”– Bill Guertin
Tweet this quote!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The evolution of sports fan experience. How it got to where the entire experience matters, not just the game itself.
- Sporting events and how teams are treating the fan experience today.
- How are minor league teams finding ways to counteract the surge in prices and make things more affordable for their fans?
- What will happen to teams and brands when so few can afford the live experience?
- What are teams overlooking when it comes to fan experience and how to be authentic with the help of Bill’s Four Laws of Authenticity.
Everything about sports has become more expensive, and the entire sporting event has changed. It’s barely about watching your team win because we all want so much more from sports. There are so many lessons here, especially Bill’s example about the Jets and how they found a unique way of making their fans happy.
“Customer experience has to be as good as humanly possible to attract more fans.”– Bill Guertin
Tweet this quote!
Connect with Bill
Listen To This Episode
Want to learn customer experience from a certified pro? Then check out Jeannie’s LinkedIn Learning course!
- Experience Investigators® post, Sports Lessons – How to Turn Customers into Fans
- Customers That Stick® post, Why Self-Confidence Matters in Customer Service
- Episode 383: Engaging Your Superfans
- Episode 071: The Fan Experience Goes Digital
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts!
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.