About Allen Adamson
Allen Adamson has worked with a broad spectrum of consumer and corporate industries ranging from packaged goods and technology, to health care and financial services, to hospitality and entertainment, as well as brands in the non-profit sector.
Given his perspective and depth of experience, Allen is able to help clients not simply see how accelerating disruptive marketplace changes in technology, globalization and Mother Nature will affect their brands, but, more critically, put into play the strategies that enable them to shift ahead of both the resulting consumer needs and competitive threats.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why so many organizations are unable to anticipate that inevitable need for change and shift ahead.
- How you can change the mindset that tells you your business is there to stay.
- How do you know the right way to follow, out of the many with potential?
- The best way you can see the shift coming is to get out of your comfort zone. Allen explains what that means for leaders and businesses.
“Timing is everything.”
That’s an integral part of the change, the shift in business we talk about in this episode. You need to know when to shift your business if a market change is coming. You need to go along with the flow of the change, or you’ll be left behind.
“Success is never final. Whatever the leader is doing, having a little peripheral vision doesn’t hurt.”– Allen Adamson
Tweet this quote!
We discuss the important intersection of branding and customer experience, and how critical it is to address both in future planning.
He’s here to talk to us what you need to do to stay ahead of significant changes and shift accordingly.
“Most people do want to change, but like many things in life, it’s easier said than done.”– Allen Adamson
Tweet this quote!
Connect with Allen
- The Edge: 50 Tips from Brands that Lead
- BrandSimple: How the Best Brands Keep it Simple and Succeed
- Allen’s website, shiftaheadbook.com
Listen To This Episode
Want to learn customer experience from a certified pro? Then check out Jeannie’s LinkedIn Learning course!
- Experience Investigators® post, Keys to Customer Experience Innovation (MAP)
- Customers That Stick® post, Innovation Is No Longer Optional
- Episode 369: Jeff Gothelf, Thinking About Design
- Episode 316: Can Toys R Us Survive?
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts!
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.