In this interesting episode, Adam and Jeannie share their differing opinions on whether phone conversations or chat platforms such as Twitter provide the best customer service. On one side it is considered that Twitter conversations are well thought out and more personalized than reading a script on a direct call. Whereas on the ‘for phone calls’ side, it’s argued that we can create better connection with tone of voice and other factors.
“Whichever channel they choose, agents must be trained in the language and emotional tools needed.”Share this episode
Adam and Jeannie explore different options and discuss the emotional states of customer service agents. Perhaps the question is better asked: “How can you be more human on twitter?” or “How can we be more innovative in how we approach this?”, pertaining to Jeannie’s statement, instead of the premise, “Can you be more human on Twitter, than on the phone?”
Listen To This Episode!
Want to learn customer experience from a certified pro? Then check out Jeannie’s LinkedIn Learning course!
- Experience Investigators™ by 360Connext post, How to Create the Best Customer Experience Solutions
- Customers That Stick® post, Adam Toporek’s 3S Customer Service Process
- Episode 337: Is Chat Better than Phone for Customer Service?
- Episode 366: Can People Connect to Avatars?
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.