Jay Baer returns to enlighten us with his powerful and proven approach to strategically creating, controlling and measuring word of mouth with key takeaways from his new book, Talk Triggers.
About our guest
Jay Baer helps businesses clone their customers. He has created five multi-million dollar companies, and is a 7th-generation entrepreneur.
He is the President of Convince & Convert, a consulting firm that helps the world’s most iconic brands like The United Nations, Nike, 3M, and Oracle use technology to win new customers, and keep the customers they’ve already earned.
A New York Times best-selling author of five books, Jay is the host of the award-winning Social Pros podcast. He’s also an avid tequila collector, and a certified barbecue judge.
Connect with Jay
- Talk Triggers website
- Amazing bonus content including worksheets, infographics, and more free resources!
- Join the Talk Triggers Facebook group
Create amazing word of mouth ON PURPOSE with Talk Triggers
When it comes to marketing, nothing is more cost-effective than word of mouth. However, we tend to think of word of mouth as organic. We assume it’s something we can’t predict, measure, and control. Maybe you get lucky, and maybe you don’t. But what if you could get customers talking on purpose, in ways that are predictable and quantifiable?
Together with co-author Daniel Lemin, today’s guest Jay Baer has written the book on strategically creating and controlling word of mouth for your brand. It’s called Talk Triggers, and not only do we love this book, but we had the privilege of interviewing Jay to bring you some of the biggest takeaways!
In this interview, Jay explains not just why you need to strategically create Talk Triggers, but HOW to work then into your operations and customer experience strategy. Through tireless research, inspiring case studies, and good old-fashioned experience with his own client success stories at Convince and Convert, Jay Baer has created a formula for making word of mouth intentional, scalable and measurable.
Don’t wait for word-of-mouth to just happen.
And please don’t make assumptions about what your customers will want to share with their friends! With Jay’s approach to creating Talk Triggers, you will abandon the notion that word of mouth is something you cannot control, and consequently, build insane loyalty with a marketing machine fueled by your best customers.
- The problem of WOM: What makes something a Talk Trigger? [4:29]
- What are the five different types of word of mouth, and more importantly, are some more important than others? [6:17]
- Talk Triggers can be a powerful part of CX strategy, but How do you operationalize this concept? [9:42]
- Jay shares his six-step process for developing, testing, and believe it or not, measuring the success of Talk Triggers! [12:06]
- Some Talk Triggers may have a short shelf life, but how can we get ahead of this? [15:00]
- We talk a lot about adding surprise and delight as Talk Triggers, but what about innovations and new features? [21:43]
Listen To This Episode!
Want to learn customer experience from a certified pro? Then check out Jeannie’s LinkedIn Learning course!
- 360Connext® post, Wired Together: Building Customer Loyalty And Word of Mouth
- Customers That Stick® post, 3 Examples of How to Easily WOW Customers
- Episode Search jay baer 096: Jay Baer, Hug Your Haters
- Episode 152: Daniel Lemin, Manipurated
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.