Jeannie and Adam interview author and speaker Melissa Agnes about how preparing beyond traditional crisis management can make your brand invincible.
About our guest
Author of Crisis Ready: Building an Invincible Brand in an Uncertain World, Melissa Agnes is a leading authority on crisis preparedness, reputation management, and brand protection. Agnes is a coveted speaker, commentator, and advisor to some of today’s leading organizations faced with the greatest risks.
As a strategic advisor and keynote speaker, Melissa Agnes has worked with NATO, Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Defense, financial firms, technology companies, healthcare organizations, cities and municipalities, law enforcement agencies, global non-profits, and many others.
Agnes is the editor of the Crisis ReadyBlog, a contributor to Forbes, and a go-to source for the press, with recent coverage including the Wall Street Journal, VIBE Magazine, USA Today, and many others.
Connect with Melissa
Will Crisis Management save your brand?
Most brands have a Crisis Management plan, typically as a large volume to refer to for guidance when a situation arises. Unfortunately, these plans rarely pull through during a real crisis. And what’s more, they serve only as reactive tools. So, what good is that when bad PR has already gone viral or your partners are backing out of a deal to prevent risking their own reputation?
Speaker and author Melissa Agnes is here to tell us there’s a better way to approach crisis situations. In fact, she knows how your brand can become invincible by getting ahead of these situations, instead of just reacting to them!
In this episode, find out how you can create a culture that is prepared to:
- Detect risk
- Assess the impact
- Manage in a way that strengthens relationships
- Come out of any crisis stronger than before!
Whether you’re a small retailer, a B2B company, or an entrepreneur, your next crisis is around the corner. Listen in to make your brand invincible!
- Melissa’s book is about Building an Invincible Brand, so how is that different from Crisis Management? [4:20]
- If a crisis is not the same as an issue, then how can we differentiate the two to respond appropriately? [7:37]
- Where do customer experience and crisis management intersect, and more importantly, how do culture and training fit into creating an Invincible Brand? [14:14]
- B2B issues rarely go viral, but they can still become crises! So how can we prepare for a crisis with a partner or B2B relationship? [19:35]
- Melissa’s book outlines a formula for managing a crisis around controversy, but she decided to share it with our listeners! [24:45]
- What about those “grey” situations where it’s not totally clear a crisis is developing, but one may be possible? [27:26]
Listen To This Episode!
Learn customer experience from a certified pro with Jeannie’s new LinkedIn Learning course!
- 360Connext® post, Professional Speakers Have 3 Important CX Lessons for YOU!
- Customers That Stick® post, How Employee Empowerment Really Works
- Episode 317: Anne Bahr Thompson, Do Good
- Episode 285: When to Disclose Bad News to Customers?
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.