Adam and Jeannie discover how to attract your ideal customers with Jeffrey Shaw, author of LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language.
About our guest
Having a keen eye isn’t just for what one sees, but also for what one senses. Jeffrey Shaw, has been the go-to portrait photographer Rhode Island for an exclusive clientele for 30+ years. His portraits have appeared on The Oprah Show, CBS News, in “O” Magazine, People Magazine and New York Family Magazine. Jeffrey is also the host of the popular business podcast Creative Warriors and a featured speaker on The Moth.
Now Jeffrey uses his honed intuition to see and sense to help businesses stand out, attract their ideal customers, and create brand loyalty that supersedes price. His book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible helps business owners and entrepreneurs understand their ideal customers on a deeper level, increasing engagement and profits.
Connect with Jeffrey
- Jeffrey’s website
- Creative Warriors podcast
- Check out the free download just for CTCC listeners!
Jeffrey Shaw and the power of the customer lingo
As an entrepreneur or growing business, it’s critical to differentiate yourself and get noticed. But too often, brands get noticed by the wrong prospect. And to make matters worse, it’s very difficult to turn down the “wrong” customers. So, how can you attract the “right” customers while diversifying your clientele?
There are many ways to do this, but too often, it amounts to wasted time and resources going above and beyond to appeal to less-than-ideal customers. have you considered the language you use as a driving force?
Today’s guest, Jeffrey Shaw, has unlocked the power of the customer lingo. Through experience, he has discovered that by narrowing down the language we use, you can not only make better connections, but also expand your audience.
A big part of this is about turning inward to better understand your own language and differentiator. Jeffrey shares some great ways to discover and develop your own customer lingo. Through powerful anecdotes and inspiring stories, he tells us how this concept can make a huge difference for any business.
So, how about attracting more of the “right” customers, expanding your audience, and creating better experiences for everyone through a better understanding of your own unique customer lingo? Listen to this episode, and you can start today!
- Before committing to a client, what’s Jeffrey’s strategy for gauging if they’re a good fit? [3:00]
- How can we start aligning our company’s identity with the language of our customers? [5:00]
- Jeffrey tells us his own story of Cracking the Customer Code, aka discovering the power of customer lingo! [8:12]
- What’s Jeffrey’s unique approach to the 80/20 rule, and more importantly, why we must do better? [9:45]
- Jeffrey shares a prime example of a brand getting on the customers’ wavelength. [13:30]
- “What is the “New Niche?” Moreover, why is Jeffrey standing on his head!? [15:00]
- We’re in what’s widely known as “the age of specialization.” So how does Jeffrey’s concept of customer lingo fit in? [20:30]
Listen To This Episode!
Give your team the customer service training they deserve
Want to bring game-changing customer service training to your team? CTS Service Solutions offers a half-day in-person workshop designed to motivate and educate your customer-facing team members. Using energy, excitement, and interaction, our workshop helps frontline teams embrace a customer-centric outlook. Then – using the principles from our book Be Your Customer’s Hero – gives them the skills and confidence they need to handle any service interaction. Don’t leave your frontline team hanging… Give them the training they deserve. Learn more at customerheroworkshop.com, that is customerheroworkshop.com.
- 360Connext ® post, Do Your Communication Tactics Undermine Your Intentions?
- Customers That Stick ® post, 10 Lessons from 200 Customer Service Podcast Episodes
- Episode 266: Chip Bell, Innovating Service
- Episode 86: Anthony Iannarino, Commitments Are for Closers
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.