Jeannie and Adam report live from the National Speakers Association’s Influence 2017 conference to discuss the power of situational awareness in customer service.
Employees aren’t really empowered without situational awareness
Are your employees empowered to provide consistently great customer service, no matter what? Giving employees the freedom to act off-script is great, but without situational awareness, that power is not being utilized to its fullest.
Being aware of situations that happen outside of the normal customer journey, or beyond the scope of their training, gives employees the power to solve problems proactively – before customers get angry or just leave you without a word!
To consistently provide great customer service, reps must be aware of possible inconsistencies in the experience and surrounding context, then get ahead of them.
Today, Adam and Jeannie would like to tell you more about what situational awareness is, and how to integrate this principle into your customer service strategy. If you’d like your customer service team to be situationally aware, then listen in for tips you can use today!
Listen To This Episode!
Free Webinar On Demand
Jeannie is a Certified Customer Experience Professional (CCXP) who has held highly engaging Customer Experience Mission workshops for larger audiences, and customized ones for clients with outstanding results. Sign up to start your own Customer Experience Mission for free!
- Make your mission statement meaningful, both to customers and employees
- Ensure customer-facing employeesnot only meet, but exceed expectations
- Turn ordinary processes not only into a conduit for your mission, but a catalyst for positive change
- Steps for creating a mission your team will be proud to get behind
Visit CXWebinar.com to sign up for free, and check out more free webinars!
- 360Connext® post, 3 Destructive Consistency Issues You Need to Overcome Now
- Customers That Stick® post, 3 Areas to Focus your Customer Experience in 2017
- Episode 39: Does Employee Empowerment Work?
- Episode 249: How Customer Service Training Goes Wrong
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.