Adam and Jeannie discuss several ways customer service training goes wrong, how that impacts the customer experience, and what you can do to fix it.
Customer service training done right
Companies talk or even brag a lot about the ways they train, mentor, and educate their employees. But for all their efforts, many of them are still doing it wrong. It’s easy for leaders to think that dedicating the right amount of time and resources ensures all the right ground is covered… so please don’t fall into this trap!
It’s not just about following procedures, using available tools and software correctly, and simply helping customers get what they need. Truly great customer service training instills a customer-focused mindset, then works it into company’s DNA. It leaves employees with a greater understanding of customer emotions, a sense of ownership for the experience delivered, and a sense of empowerment to always do what’s right.
How do you tackle customer service training in your organization? Is it really doing as much good as you think, or are your employees (and customers) missing out? Some of the most common training practices are weak, ineffective, or even harm the customer experience!
Listen in to avoid common mistakes and deliver the best service possible.
Listen To This Episode!
Free Webinar On Demand
Jeannie is a Certified Customer Experience Professional (CCXP) who has held highly engaging Customer Experience Mission workshops for larger audiences, and customized ones for clients with outstanding results. Sign up to start your own Customer Experience Mission for free!
- Make your mission statement meaningful, both to customers and employees
- Ensure customer-facing employees not only meet, but exceed expectations
- Turn ordinary processes not only into a conduit for your mission, but a catalyst for positive change
- Steps for creating a mission your team will be proud to get behind
Visit CXWebinar.com to sign up for free, and check out more free webinars!
- 360Connext® post, 3 Ways to Add Magic to your Customer Service Training
- Customers That Stick® post, 9 Customer Service Training Ideas That Work
- Episode 091: How to Find Time for Training
- Episode 137: Culture and Customer Service
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.