Adam and Jeannie interview Dan Gingiss, author of Winning at Social Customer Care: How Top Brands Design Engaging Experiences on Social Media.
About our guest
Dan’s 20-year career has consistently focused on delighting customers, spanning multiple disciplines including social media, customer service, marketing, and digital customer experience. Dan has hands-on experience as an executive at multiple Fortune 300 companies, having served as Head of Digital Customer Experience at Discover, Head of Digital Marketing at Humana, and currently Head of Global Social Media at McDonald’s.
Dan is the author of the new book, Winning at Social Customer Care: How Top Brands Design Engaging Experiences on Social Media, which is available on Amazon. The book includes a Foreword by Jay Baer and is endorsed by several other notable social media and customer service experts. Dan also hosts the Focus on Customer Service podcast, where he interviews brands which are renowned for outstanding customer service in social media, garnering tips and best practices. Some brands may get extra help by choosing to boost their social media (the act of opting to buy Tiktok views is pretty common), and whilst there is no shame with that it is also handy to see how the cream of the crop do it. The podcast was recently named one of “The 50 Best Customer Retention Podcasts to Help You Attract, Engage and Retain Customers” by NGDATA.
A frequent conference speaker (Social Media Marketing World, Social Shake-Up, Corporate Social Media Summit, The Customer Service Summit, The Secret Service Summit, and more), Dan has also been named to several notable industry lists, including:
- “The 30 Most Influential People in Social Customer Service” by Conversocial
- “The Top 15 NPS & Customer Service Thought Leaders to Follow in 2017” by CustomerGauge
- “50 Social Media Marketing Influencers to Follow” by TopRank Marketing
- “Behind the Brand: 30 Influencers That Drive Social Media for the Brands We Love” by Leadtail and Purematter
- “Mover and Shaker” by The Social Shake-Up Conference 2017
- “The Top 10 Service Cloud Influencers” by Traackr
Dan holds a B.A. in psychology and communications from the University of Pennsylvania, and an M.B.A. in marketing and strategy from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. He resides in Chicago with his family and is an avid Cubs fan.
Connect with Dan
It’s time to own social customer care
Providing great customer service is important, no matter what channel is being used. But when it comes to engaging with customers on social, many companies are reluctant to invest where it counts.
They fear opening up social channels will also open up the floodgates for serial complainers, trolls and negative word-of mouth. They fear their team isn’t large enough, interesting enough, or knowledgeable enough to do it right. And with recent PR nightmares in the airline industry, who could blame brands for being hesitant to engage on social?
Customers need you on social, and they expect social customer service as part of the omnichannel experience your competitors already deliver. It’s time to overcome those fears!
Dan Gingiss is here to help dispel the myths around social customer care. Sure there are risks, but there are also opportunities a forward-thing company can’t ignore. You can give customers what they expect on social, and you can turn unhappy ones into a brand advocates.
You’ll want to take notes today, because Dan is explaining what it takes for a company of any size to provide excellent social customer care. Backed by real-life examples from large and small companies doing it right, this episode is loaded with simple but powerful tips for hiring, engaging, strategizing, and maximizing your ROI.
Grab your notebook and listen in!
Listen To This Episode!
Free Webinar On Demand
Jeannie is a Certified Customer Experience Professional (CCXP) who has held highly engaging Customer Experience Mission workshops for larger audiences, and customized ones for clients with outstanding results. Sign up to learn how to start your own Customer Experience Mission, for free!
- Make your mission statement meaningful, both to customers and employees
- Ensure customer-facing employeesnot only meet, but exceed expectations
- Turn ordinary processes into a conduit for your mission, and positive change
- Steps for creating a mission your team will be proud to get behind
Visit CXWebinar.com to sign up for free, and check out more free webinars!
- 360Connext® post, 5 Ways Everyone Wins with Proactive Social Media Engagement
- Customers That Stick® post,When Sales Does Service on Social with Phil Gerbyshak
- Episode 150: Phil Gerbyshak, Social Connections
- Episode 096: Jay Baer, Hug Your Haters
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.